Tuesday, November 24, 2009

R&R

Training Log
Rest day, as rx'd

Food Log
Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter, raisins, dry roasted peanuts
Lunch: Pizza Hut buffet...4 pieces of pizza, 4 cinnamon sticks, salad w/ tomatoes and mushrooms, unsweet iced tea (apparently resting makes you hungry)
Dinner: grilled steak, cous cous, salad, 1 piece Texas toast, 2% chocolate milk
Dessert: 1 serving cappuccino chip frozen yogurt

I got my hair cut last night, and I learned all about the benefits of conditioner. My hair is super thin and straight as a board, and every time I've used conditioner in the past it just makes my hair that much more limp. However, my eyes have now been opened to the benefits of conditioner. Apparently, when you use shampoo, your hair follicles open up so that the shampoo can clean out all of the accumulated gunk. If you don't use conditioner, those follicles stay open and get damaged and accumulate even more gunk. But, if you use conditioner, the follicles close and are prepared for any impending straightening or onslaught of products.

The girl who cut my hair said that I was pretty much killing my hair by only using shampoo, and then straightening it everyday. My hair has enough trouble on its own - I certainly don't want to add to its demise. So, the first item on my grocery list is now conditioner. I''ll use Chad's shampoo/conditioner combo until I can get my own!

No comments: