Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mid-week long run

Training Log
Distance: 6.01 miles
Time: 53:42
Pace: 8:56 average pace per mile

Food Log
Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, and 1 tbsp. peanut butter, coffee
Snack: 12oz. 2% chocolate milk
Lunch: Chinese chicken and vegetables (easy on the "brown sauce"), white rice, egg roll, 12oz bottled water
Snack: 1.5oz raisins, handful of dry roasted peanuts
Dinner: About 1/2 and order of red beans and rice, 2 small pieces of french bread, Sprite

My run this morning was really great. The weather was pretty mild, other than the gale force winds. For some portions of my runs, when I was running straight into the wind, it felt like someone had their hands on my shoulders and was pushing me backward. It reminded me of when I was a little kid and would flip through the Eastbay catalog, desperately wanting to order one of the "wind parachute" things that they sold for people wanting to increase their speed. I always thought it would be so neat to have one of those. My run today felt like I did have one of those - so much resistance! But it was fun, and I was glad to get 6 miles in during the week. The distance isn't too long, but I normally don't have the times in the morning to go more than 3-4 miles. I will have to figure something out when my marathon training kicks in and I have to do 12 mile Wednesday runs!

For dinner tonight, Chad and I went to a place called J. Gumbo's with our good friends Kat and Rob, and their little one Harper. The food was really good - they had a selection of all kinds of cajun food like gumbo, etouffe, jambalaya, red beans and rice, po-boys and stews. I went with the red beans and rice off of the "mild" menu, as I just can't take much heat. It was really good, but for some reason it left me with the worst stomach cramps and gas pangs - maybe too much rice? I had a bite of Chad's po-boy which was super spicy, and that may have been enough to do me in.

No comments: