Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pazzos vs Panera

Training Log
Distance: 2.3 miles
Time: 20:35
Average Pace: 8:54

Food Log
Post-Run: string cheese
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ banana, peanut butter and almonds, coffee
Snack: Dark chocolate cherry Kashi bar
Lunch: "mexi bowl" from leftovers
Dinner: 1/2 Frontega chicken panini, cup of chicken noodle soup, small baguette from Panera
Dessert: 3/4 of a Panera chocolate chip cookie

I had to cut my run short this morning by 1 mile, because I overslept. In the past, I would have just cut the run out of the morning entirely, but I wanted to get in as many miles as I could. I had time for two, so I hit the streets and got two miles done. Better than nothing!

Chad and I planned to go to Pazzo's for dinner tonight - a pizza place in downtown Lexington. I got home from work and after taking two hours to walk Emma, do stuff around the house, and drive to Pazzo's I was really really starving. We finally got there, and they said there would be a 20 minute wait. I told Chad there was no way I could wait 20 minutes. What I should have done in retrospect was just go get a bag of chips from the sandwich place next door to pick my blood sugar back up some. But, I was like no - we cannot wait 20 minutes, I need to eat now! So we got back in the car and started heading back towards Smashing Tomatoes, but we saw a Panera first so we pulled in there.

Now I love Panera, but Chad isn't really a big fan. He says that he can never get full there, as the food is made for women. (ha!) So, he was very sweet to eat there for me. AND they got his order wrong and brought him a turkey sandwich on white bread instead of a roast beef sandwich on asiago. I'm not sure how that got mixed up, but he ate it and actually liked it. I had the Frontega (think that is the name?) chicken panini and it was really good. Here are the ingredients:
Frontega Chicken®
Smoked & pulled white meat chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, red onions, chopped basil & chipotle mayonnaise, grilled hot on our Focaccia.
Delicious!

No comments: