Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday

Training Log
Distance: 3.86
Time: 41:35
Average pace: 10:46 per mile

This week Chad and I are watching Max, my co-worker's Cavalier King Charles spaniel. Their daughter went into labor on Sunday, so my co-workers dropped Max off and hit the road for Kansas City to be with their daughter, son-in-law and their first grand baby, Natalie.

I decided to take him with me for about half a mile on my run this morning, so I could get in a good warm-up. It quickly became a walk/jog scenario, as he wanted to stop about every 10 feet to pee on something. After dropping him back by the house, I continued on for another 3.3 miles. The walk/jog warm-up tanked my average pace, but I was really glad to get Max out and moving. When it gets this cold, my daily walks with Emma are usually sparse as her hair is so short and she gets so cold. Sometimes I can wrangle a sweater onto her, but she's not a big fan. I'm already looking forward to all the walks I can take her on when we are home for Christmas!

No comments: