Thursday, December 10, 2009

Training Days

Well, I suppose my base training would be going better if I could actually get myself out of bed! I don't know what the deal is - yesterday and today I overslept and wasn't able to get my run in. Maybe it is best, because we had a crazy storm blow through yesterday, and then right now it is 20 degrees out, with an 8 degree wind chill. But, I know people run in harsher conditions all the time.

I will pull my butt out of bed tomorrow to get some miles in! I keep telling myself that this is only base training, that its ok to take a few days off here and there. But, I just feel so much better when I am able to run in the mornings. Normally I am able to pop out of bed and get going, so maybe this my body's way of saying that I need a little more rest. Oh well, either way I feel like lazy son of a gun!

Probably even more so because I ate a chicken strip basket from Dairy Queen last night. It was a beautiful thing - I have been craving this chicken for the past couple of days. I have no idea why. To my knowledge, I've only eaten one other chicken basket from DQ, and that was a few years ago. And thats a good thing, as this baby comes in at like 64 grams of fat! Hello. So, I was hoping to get a good run in this morning to burn it off, but it looks like I'm probably going to be burning fat just trying to stay warm today!

No comments: