Friday, December 11, 2009

Trainer Time

Training Log
Friday 12/11/2009
30 minutes on trainer

Saturday 12/12/2009
Distance: 6.66 miles (eek!)
Time: 1:01:00
Average Pace: 9:09 per mile

I decided to put some time in on the trainer on Friday morning. I listened to end of one Zen and the Art of Triathlon podcast and the beginning of a Stay Tuned Report podcast and thirty minutes flew by before I knew it. I haven't been using the trainer as much as I should, and I really want to incorporate at least one 35-45 minute session on it per week. I know it will help with my running, and will help me when I am able to get back out on the roads in the spring.

This morning I ran with Kelly in Wilmore. When I got in my car to head to Wilmore the temperature gauge showed 23 degrees. By the time I got to Wilmore it showed 18! Then a bank sign showed 17. So, it was cold! But by two miles in I was really warm and felt great. It is a beautiful morning today - sunny and clear. By the time we finished it was 23 degrees, and the high today is 42. That seems so warm compared to the temps we've been having! That is sad.
We planned on doing 6, but ended at 6.66 miles...hopefully that is not a bad omen! We were going at a pretty good clip, especially since Kelly is still recovering from her 20 miler last Sunday, but it really helped to keep us warm!

I stopped by Main and Maple after the run to get some hot coffee and a warm bagel...it warmed me right up! As I was eating the bagel, I finished watching "Run for Your Life," a documentary about Fred Lebow. I really love Netflix, because I have all of these great running movies at my fingertips! But "Run for Your Life" is really interesting and inspiring. Fred Lebow created one of the biggest (if not the biggest) marathon in the world - the New York City marathon. I think that anyone running NYC should watch this documentary, out of respect for the man who devoted his life to the race!

Now I'm headed out to finish up Christmas shopping and do various other errands...I love Saturdays!

No comments: