Friday, January 2, 2009

Houston, TX Part 1

Chad and I flew into my hometown of Houston, TX on Friday, December 19th. We stayed in Clear Lake with my family until Sunday afternoon, then we headed east to Alexandria, LA to spend the week with Chad's family. On the Friday after Christmas, we drove back to Clear Lake to celebrate Christmas with my family. Then on Sunday night, we flew back to Kentucky. It was such a great trip - we always enjoying getting to spend time with our families as we live so far away.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Chad and I got a great digital camera from my parents. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas adventures at home in the south!












We went to Joe's Bar-B-Q in Alvin, TX on our first Saturday home. My parent's love this place - the last time they were there they saw Dusty Rhodes from ZZ Top eating some barbecue. Chad was really hoping that he would be there when we went, but alas, we didn't see any members of ZZ Top. I was kind of hoping we would see Nolan Ryan (Alvin is his hometown) but we didn't see him either. I'm not a huge barbecue fan, but I love this place because they have a pretty varied menu that includes hamburgers, chicken fried steak (my choice for the night), loaded baked potatoes, etc.















Me, Chad and my dad - enjoying Joe's.















My sister Michelle, my niece Brittany (wiping off a kiss on her cheek from my mom) and my mom at Joe's.















A not-so-subtle request I received from my niece, shortly before we left for Alexandria. We were talking about babies in general and she gave me this note - it says "Have a darn baby named after me! Mrs. Onion Pance (pants)." She drew a picture of a baby, but I thought it looked like an onion, so she started calling me Mrs. Onion Pants. It was kind of strange, but pretty funny.

Up next, part 2 of our trip - Alexandria, LA.

1 comment:

jen said...

Mmmm bbq sounds delicious! You did a lot of traveling, how fun. Cant wait to see par2. Happy New Year! :)