Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's hard to believe that I have been blogging on 23 Going on 60 for over a year now. It all started in November of 2006 when my husband, an avid blogger, suggested that I start a blog of my own. I was pretty skeptical at first - I didn't want to add yet another thing to my to do list that I felt I needed to complete daily or even weekly. I still am amazed at those bloggers who post everyday - a lot of my favorite running blogs follow this format. (Check out Half-Fast, The Lawsons Do Dallas, New York Running and Marathon Stories for some really good running blogs that are updated almost daily...I don't know how they do it!)

I know my posts have been few and far between lately, so I am going to make an effort this year to post more regularly. Some of my favorite running blogs do daily and weekly updates of their training, but I've always been hesitant to do this because I don't know how many of my readers are runners. But, I think I am going to start incorporating a "training log" feature. Last year my main goal was to complete a half-marathon and a full-marathon. This year, I have a handful of 5ks, a half-marathon and three marathons on the calendar. My training is going to be more intense this year, and hopefully more interesting. You never know what is going to happen out there on the roads, so hopefully I'll have some interesting stories as well.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Congratulations on sticking to your running program AND keeping up on blogging. I just ran across your blog today and will be watching as you go for your new goals in 2008!

The goals look very ambitious for a 23 going on 60 year old (3 marathons?)!

jen said...

Happy New Year!! :) Looks like you have an amazing year in store. Good luck!