Sunday, December 9, 2007

2008 Race Calendar

I love the end of the year because it means I can start planning for the next one. My race schedule is filling up, and I'm hoping for a year of PR's. I'm also going to try and do some multi-sport events, and maybe even some triathalons. After watching the Hawaii Ironman championships, I've been bit by the tri-bug. My next big endeavor is going to be training and getting ready for Ironman Louisville 2009. Here's what I've got so far:

January
January 1 - Hangover Classic 10 Miler, Louisville KY

February
February 9 - Heart, Sole & Glove 5K, Lexington KY

March
March 29 - Papa John's 10 Miler, Louisville KY
March ?? - YMCA Splash and Dash, Lexington KY (500 yard swim, 5k run)

April
April 20 - Heart & Sole Duathalon (5k run, 15 mile bike, 5k run), Versailles KY
April 26 - Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon, Louisville KY

May
May 4 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

June
TBD

July
July 4 - Bluegrass 10K, Lexington KY

August
August 31 - Louisville IronMan (just a spectator this year...!)

September
TBD

October
TBD

November
November 2 - Huntington Marathon, Huntington WV

These are all of the available races available around Lexington at the moment. While I most likely won't do all of these, it's nice to see that there are so many event opportunities around here. I am going to try and get an entry level road bike in January, and I'm trying to figure out how I can gain access to a pool. I'm really excited about this upcoming year and all of the events - I know that multi-sport training is going to help me reach my marathon goal of 4:30 at the Flying Pig marathon in May.

4 comments:

DRU said...

Reading over your training plans for the year make me feel silly for being proud about riding a stationary exercise bike after work a few days a week... But, to each his own, right?

At least I can revel in the glory of being a friend to a soon-to-be-triathaloner!

jen said...

Yay tri!! I have a long-term goal of doing an IM too but who knows. Looks like a fun year of racing! Good luck :)

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Think about putting the Chicago Distance Classic or even the Chicago Marathon on your race calendar. Then you'll recover in time for Huntington.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

We would love to see you at the 12th Annual Berea Spoonbraed Festival 5K this year. Check it out at www.spoonbreadfestival.com