Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crawfish Boil '09

This post is about a month late, but on Memorial Day we went over to our friend Cody's house for a crawfish boil. Cody is my cycling coach/trainer extraordinaire. He lives just a few blocks from us, so after getting back from the Mutt Strutt with Emma, we headed over to eat some crawfish.

Cody, our friends Justin and Charis, and Chad and myself are all from Louisiana, so it was nice to be able to enjoy a Louisiana tradition all the way up in Kentucky. We all pitched in a little bit and Cody had 40 pounds of crawfish shipped in from www.lacrawfish.com.

These pictures have been posted on Facebook and on Chad's Flickr account, but I figured I would round up a few of them to post here!

Boiling the crawfish with corn, potatoes, and mushrooms

Don't worry mom, this was staged!

Charis, with baby Ruby

Justin, with baby Ruby and friend (the crawfish)

My meal for the afternoon: corn, potatoes, mushrooms and 2 crawfish

Justin, Cody and Chad performing a strange hook-arm crawfish eating act

The group

"Happy" Chad

"Sassy" Chad

"I've eaten too much" Chad

and "I've eaten too much" Justin

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm not sure that James Coney Island is even still open? Will check it out.

Megan said...

PS I am loving Chad's hat.

Meredith Brooks said...

Oh yes - he loves that hat! He is also has one that says "Damn I'm good" and another that says "If I'm missing I'm fishing." He got them from a truck stop in New Orleans!

bb said...

Thanks for the comment and good luck at the 10K! Glad to hear it's flat ;)