I'm wrapping up the final details for the marathon this weekend. I can't decide if I am really nervous, or really excited. I think it is a healthy mixture of the two. While I've never run a race with my iPod, I plan on bringing it to the marathon. I've done all of my training with the iPod, but usually the crowds on race day keep me entertained enough to lose the ear buds. But since this will be such a long race, I'm going to bring my iPod as a crutch to lean on in the later miles. So, without further ado, I present you with my coveted marathon playlist. This list is 10 months in the making, and I think it has the necessary vim and vigor to keep me going for 26.2 miles. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
1. Right Now - Van Halen
-This song makes me feel like I am in a Rocky movie!
2. Jesus Walks - Kanye West
3. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
-Good beat to run along with
4. The Day The King Was Killed - The Common Ground Band
-Moving and inspiring
5. Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
-To really get the party started
6. Shake It Off - Wilco
7. Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
-Best. Running. Song. Ever. Thanks for the tip, Megan!
8. Stronger - Kanye West
-Can't hurt to add a little more Kanye
9. Boyfriend - Ashlee Simpson
10. Intro - The Common Ground Band
11. Holy - The Common Ground Band
12. Mony Mony - Billy Idol
-This songs makes me think of my sister's wedding reception. I was only 12, but boy was I shaking it when I heard this song.
13. My Love - Justin Timberlake
-What's a playlist without some Justin?
14. If You're Reading This - Tim McGraw
-This song is so tragic. I love it.
15. Numb/Encore - Jay-Z & Linkin Park
16. Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
-Reminds me of my hubby and makes me smile
17. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
18. Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
-Again, to help with my dreams of grandeur (ie Rocky)
19. Spiders (Kidsmoke) - Wilco
-Good 10 minute song from Wilco - off of Kicking Television
20. Lovestoned - Justin Timberlake
21. My Hero - Foo Fighters
-Who can forget the scene in Varsity Blues when this song is played?
22. Boston - Augustana
-It is highly unlikely that I will qualify for Boston, but here's to that lofty goal.
23. Damn Girl - Justin Timberlake
24. Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
25. You Are My Face - Wilco
My favorite song off of Sky Blue Sky
26. Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
At some point during the race, I'm pretty sure I'll feel like I'm in over my head.
27. Clothes Off!! - Gym Class Heroes
I might feel like taking my clothes off at some point during the race, as well.
28. Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith
-"Whooaa...whooaa yeahh!" I love this song.
29. One (Feat U2) - Mary J. Blige
30. L.O.V.E. - Ashlee Simpson
31. Shot in the Arm - Wilco
32. Take Me to the Other Side - Aerosmith
33. Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
34. Superstition - Emily's Mix
-I think this bass line will keep me moving through the later miles.
35. Side With The Seeds - Wilco
36. Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
37. Stand - Rascal Flatts
38. Fix You - Coldplay
-I love the cymbals in this song.
39. Highway to Hell - AC/DC
-I remember hearing this song play as I was walking along the White Rock marathon course after running mile 22-23 with my sister during her first marathon.
40. The Shape I'm In - The Band
41. Right Now - Van Halen