Monday, June 11, 2007

Ahh, finally taking a breather...

Saturday afternoon was like a sweet sigh of relief. The event was over and behind me, I was able to take a small nap, and I got to do some yard work. We were able to have dinner with friends and I felt like I was able to truly relax for the first time in about 3 weeks. Sunday morning was special at church - Chad and I are now proud members of Nicholasville Baptist Church. It was a very sweet time with the congregation when they welcomed us with a resounding "amen" and gave us hugs and handshakes.

Sunday night Chad made his "debut" at church - earlier in the week our Pastor asked him if he would like to teach during the Sunday night service. I sat in the pews beaming with pride - I'm sure the people around me thought I was pretty goofy, but I just couldn't help it. I'm so glad that Chad has realized that God has called him to teach/preach, and that we were able to come to Asbury to further his education and experiences.

We're gearing up for Wilco in T-minus 3 days - I can't wait! We've even got a baby-sitter lined up for Emma (thank you Mostrums!) - knowing that she will be snuggled and walked Thursday evening means everything to me!

Also - I need to pick up some pictures from the Wal Mart photo lab, and then I will finally have Boston pictures posted!

No comments: