Scheduled rest day
•Distance: 6.0 mile push run (AM)
• Notes: 30 squats, 10 push-ups, 10 jumping pull-ups
•Distance: 19.7 mile ride (PM)
• Notes: 15.0 avg. mph, no energy at all during ride, only had water - should have taken Gatorade or a gel with me, glad to get it done though!
•Time: 25:00 swim
• Notes: Planned to swim for 45 minutes, but the pool was packed with families and I had the only open lap lane. At 25 minutes in, a whole family got in the shallow end of my lane to play. I was feeling pretty fatigued and didn't want to navigate through 6 year olds, so I just called it quits.
•Distance: ~5.5 mile run
• Notes: interval run
•Time: 35:23 swim
•Notes: 5 min warm-up with freestyle & breaststroke at an easy pace, then 10 minutes continuous freestyle at a fairly consistent pace (1:55-2:00/100 yd.). 30 second rest between 10 minute sets. Felt great!
•Distance: 4.0 mile run
•Notes: felt good, nice and steady pace
•Distance: 22.8 mile ride
• Notes: 16.0 avg. mph. Felt great - started the ride right after finishing my run, ate a chocolate GU about 5 miles in, drank entire bottle of Gatorade/water mixture.
(I wanted to get a swim in on Saturday, but pool was closed for 4th of July)
•Distance: 14.3 mile ride
• Notes: 16.4 avg. mph, felt good, legs were a little fatigued from yesterday's ride
•Distance: 3.1 mile brick run
• Notes: felt great running off the bike, sweat was pouring, out & back run: focused on a keeping a nice & steady pace during the out portion, and picking up the pace on the back portion.
Overall, a good week of training! 4 weeks to River Cities, 9 weeks to Tri for Sight!