Friday, July 9, 2010

Lame Duck Triathlon Training Day

Tomorrow morning I am heading to Georgetown (KY) for a triathlon training session. The Lame Duck triathlon will always be special to me (it was my first triathlon) but I'm not going to be able to race it this year as it is the same weekend that we will be in Louisiana for River Cities. I got an e-mail this week about a training day that is being held tomorrow on the Lame Duck course. It is an opportunity to preview the course and do each leg of the course under the guidance of a USAT coach.

I double-checked with the race director to see if I could participate in the training day even if I am not registered for the Lame Duck, and he said that I could! I am really looking forward to this great training opportunity. Here is the schedule for the morning:
The Bluegrass Triathlon Club (BTC), in conjunction with event sponsor Swim Bike Run of Kentucky, USAT certified coach Beth Atnip and Jeff Buhr, will be offering a preview of the event’s entire course. This will give participants a chance to see the course, as well as learn some of the basics about triathlons and the Lame Duck. This is not a race, but an opportunity to try out the entire course at your own pace. The schedule is:
  • 7:45 – Arrive, unload gear
  • 8:00–8:15 - Sign up and set up your transition area
  • 8:15-8:30 – Transition area and swim course overview + Q & A
  • 8:30-8:45 - Shuttle to swim start
  • 8:45-9:15 – Swim - 0.54 miles (we will have a small number of swim safety personnel)
  • 9:15-9:30 - Transition, bike and run course overview + Q & A
  • 9:30-11:00 – Bike 9.1 miles & run 2.6 miles
  • 11:00-11:30 – Q & A
I normally run, bike and swim on Saturdays, so this will be a fun way to get in my workouts (really looking forward to the open water swim!) plus get some guidance and wisdom from USAT coaches. I'll be sure to include a recap in my 7/5-7/11 training log post!

No comments: