Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who Dat!!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

I'm channeling my inner Al Roker there, if its not clear! Today is Super Bowl Sunday, and Chad and I couldn't be more excited for the Saints to play this evening. My dad has been a fan of the Saints for 40+ years - I am so happy that he gets to see them play in at least one Super Bowl! A Super Bowl win for the Saints will be so great for the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. Although Chad and I are a little afraid that New Orleans might be leveled by revelers if the Saints win tonight!

A fellow Louisianan (my cycling "coach" Cody) is hosting a crawfish boil, so Chad and I will be heading over there in a few hours. I've made some Super Bowl edition brownies and seven layer dip, and will be posting pictures once we get our card reader in the mail. They are pretty cute if I do say so myself! Chad's mom sent us Saints t-shirts this week, so we will be wearing them proudly tonight! Here in Kentucky, there are TONS of Colts fans so I think Chad, Cody and me will be in the minority tonight. It will be an interesting night!


Here's a review of my training this week:

Mon 2/1/10
Distance: 3.72
Time: 34:25
Average Pace: 9:15
Notes: 15 degrees, slow and cautious in the ice and snow

Tues 2/2/10
Distance: 4.33
Time: 40:12
Average Pace: 9:17
Notes: Evening run

Wed 2/2/10
Distance: 7.10
Time: 1:05 hrs
Average Pace: 9:09
Notes: Felt sluggish at first, but got into a nice groove

Thurs 2/3/10
Trainer: 45 minutes

Fri 2/4/10
Trainer: 30 minutes

Sat 2/5/10
Distance: 12.81
Time: 2:00 hrs
Average Pace: 9:22
Notes: Beautiful snowy morning, not too cold, did two 6 mile loops, ate 1 GU Chomp every 2.5 miles - seemed to be a fairly good nutrition plan

Sun 2/6/10
Trainer: 30 minutes

In other not so fun news, I have to go to the dentist on Tuesday! I have quite a sweet tooth , and apparently it is located next to my upper left incisor. I have had a horrible toothache for four days now, so I decided it was time to buckle down and see the old D.D.S. The bad thing is that I haven't been to the dentist in five years! So, I am actually really glad that this toothache is forcing me to go. Chad and I both need to get back in the habit of getting cleanings every 6 month. We have dental insurance, so why not? I think dentists just seem so scary. But the cleanings/fillings/x-rays are never as bad as I think they are going to be. I'm just praying that I don't have to get a root canal!

No comments: