Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday Post (on Tuesday)

Well, I wrote most of this post on Sunday, but never hit "publish post." So, here it is on Tuesday!

This weekend was pretty nice and relaxing. Saturday morning started out with a very cold long run in 20 degree temps. I had 15 miles scheduled, but do to my lack of mileage during the week, I decided to stop at 10. Saturday afternoon I ventured out to the mall and to Target to get Chad's Valentine's Day present (...nothing like waiting till the last minute!)

We don't do much for Valentine's day, so I was trying to find something that would be small yet meaningful for Chad. I thought that a new fitted Saints hat would be perfect - a simple black hat with a gold fleur di leis from Lids. As you can imagine, Saints hat really isn't that prevalent up here, but I figured that with their recent Super Bowl win it would be reasonably easy to find a hat. Let me tell you there is not a stitch of Saints gear to be found in the Lexington area. I checked every possible store in the mall, including two Lids, and called other sporting goods places. Nothing! Oh well - it was on to plan B, a Williams-Sonoma gift card. He loves that place! Whenever we are looking for something to do, he asks if we want to go to the mall just to walk around Williams-Sonoma. But I am still thinking about ordering a Saints hat for him from Lids! We need to represent up here.

Chad took me to lunch and got me some beautiful flowers and a very sweet card, and Emma got me Twizzlers! It was a very nice and relaxing Valentine's Day.

Here is a wrap-up of my workouts for the week:

Monday 2/8/10
Scheduled rest day

Tuesday 2/9/10
45:00 on the trainer
Notes: big snowstorm

Wednesday 2/10/10
Nothing
Notes: in a funk from another big snowstorm, couldn't run on the roads and didn't feel like riding (...right after I said there can be no excuses with the trainer in my last post!)

Thursday 2/11/10
40:00 on the trainer

Friday 2/12/10
Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 36:41
Average Pace: 9:07

Saturday 2/13/10
Distance: 10.16 miles
Time: 1:39:00
Average Pace: 9:44

Sunday 2/14/10
Distance: 5.1 miles
Time: 45:23
Average Pace: 8:53

We have had snow for the past two days, and more snow is predicted this week. This feels like the longest winter! But, I know in just a few weeks, well maybe 6-8 weeks, it will start to feel like spring. I am ready for Old Man Winter to get his crazy old ass outta here!

Since today is Fat Tuesday, Chad and I are going to Taco Bell at 9:30pm with some friends. This is pretty wild and crazy for me, as I am normally snoozing by 9:30! I haven't eaten dinner yet in anticipation of Taco Bell, but I did have some cereal for a snack around 6:00 so that I'm not eating a ton of food at 9:30! That's what Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is all about - indulging in rich, fatty foods before the season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday. It should be interesting to see how my six mile run goes in the morning!

No comments: