Sunday, April 1, 2007

Post Race Post Script

Well, I did it! The 10 mile race was a lot of fun, and I even managed to beat my goal time of 2 hours by 14 minutes! My final time was 1:46:33. It's a bit sobering to see the female winner's times of 58 minutes on the race results page, but I'm still proud of my new PR.

Distance running is kind of like an out of body experience. At about mile 3, I started thinking "How am I ever going to make it 7 more miles?" But the next thing I knew, I was at mile 5 and feeling great, especially since I knew that I was half way done. The friends and family members who lined the course were very encouraging, always eager and willing to cheer on the passing runners.

After the race I staggered to the post-race tents to get a Panera Bread blueberry bagel and some bottles of Powerade. On the drive home, I treated myself to a double cheeseburger from McDonalds. It was like a small piece of heaven in a yellow wrapper.

We've got a busy April ahead of us - Easter, a visit from Chad's family, time with friends, and my mini marathon.

No comments: