Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Time I Caused a Stampede at the Astrodome


...and no, that's not the title of the new Fall Out Boy single. I really did cause a stampede at the Astrodome in the summer of 2001, and I'm still working through the guilt.

It all started when my friend and I went to see NSync, live in concert at the Houston Astrodome. During the not so captivating opening performance by Dream (yet another band put together by P. Diddy that flopped after one single), we decided to get something to drink from the concession stand before NSync took the stage.

After waiting in line 45 minutes for $6 Cokes, we decided to head back to our seats. In the crowded corrider, I caught a glimpse of a young boy in a matching Fubu pantset. "Oh my God!! It's Lil Romeo!!" I screeched and frantically waved my hands towards the young boy. Before I knew it, hot dogs were flying and Cokes were spilling as a frenzied herd of pre-teens stormed through the corridor towards the young son of Master P.

Unfortunatley, it wasn't Lil Romeo. It was simply a young fan who had broken out the starched Fubu pantset for a night out on the town. Logically, it didn't make sense that Lil Romeo (one of the opening acts that night) would be headed to the concession stand with his friends to get some snacks. In my defense, his friends did look suspiciously like an entourage.

I suppose this is why there are laws against yelling "fire" in a crowded room.

No comments: