Saturday, February 7, 2009

Revised Spring Race Schedule

After giving it some serious consideration, I have decided to not do a full marathon in April. After everything that has happened this month I would need to do too much too fast in order to get back on track for the Derby Festival Marathon. Instead I'm going to do the Derby Festival Half-Marathon. I've also decided to shelve the sprint triathlon that I was going to do in April, and hopefully complete one this August.

I searched around for a few half-marathon training plans and finally settled on one from the Runner's World Smart Coach training plan application. It is a pretty simple plan, but I am looking forward to incorporating swimming and cycling into my weekly workout schedule to help improve my endurance and to get some base training for the triathlon.

I ran 3.1 miles this morning and felt pretty good. I got a little dizzy around mile 3, but felt better after walking a few steps and then starting back. I am so excited that it is finally starting to warm up here in Central Kentucky. It is about 60 degrees today and the warm front is supposed to hold through the week. I've got my fingers crossed that it will hold through the next fews weeks and March, and April and May too...

No comments: