Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

Deena Kastor is officially my hero. Chad and I just got back from watching The Spirit of the Marathon - the first feature length film about the marathon. The film followed six different people as they trained for and competed in the 2005 Chicago Marathon. It was done exceptionally well - I highly recommend that if you weren't able to catch the showing tonight, that you catch the encore on February 21st. It was really pretty neat because this was a one night event - and the theater was packed with runners. It will be re-airing on February 21st at a select group of theaters across the country, and then I hope that there will be a DVD released.
My husband really enjoyed the film as well - and I think that it shed some light on him as to why I'm so into this thing called the marathon. He said he would like to make a guest post on my blog about his experience at the movie, so when he gets me that text I will post it.

Even after the 2007 heat wave/disaster, I still would love to run the Chicago Marathon someday. While we are living up here in the Midwest, I am going to make a sincere effort to run it. I'm thinking October 2009.

2 comments:

Adam Caldwell said...

When I first read it I thought it said "Spit of the Marathon." Needless to say, I was a bit confused.

chad said...

they do spit alot.....I think