Friday, May 4, 2007

World Tour

Starting Sunday, Chad and I will begin zig-zagging across the country. I'm off to Boston for a conference, then Chad is off to D.C. to be in his good friends wedding, then I'm off to Dallas for my sister's graduation! Unfortunately we will be making our trips solo, so I'm sad that Chad and I will be apart all of those days. But, I know we will each have a great time on our respective trips. Plus, lil Emma will get to stay at home and not have to go to the kennel. I'm already planning a fun outing for us at a dog park when I get back from Boston.

I know Chad is looking forward to his trip to D.C. - he gets to spend the weekend with some old friends and be a part of a really swanky wedding. He is also very excited and honored because they've asked him to read Scripture during the mass (it is a Catholic wedding). Chad is excited, and he is even going to bust out his Catholic Bible!

I am really looking forward to my trip to Dallas. I know it will be so great to see my family and catch up with everyone, and I am also so excited about the food! My sister Megan and I have plans to hit up Braums, Taco Bueno, Taco Cabana, and Burger Street. My lost Texas loves - I will get to revel in them once again!

As for my marathon training, I'm getting ready to really ramp up my workouts. After my half marathon, I've realized that I need to be at a completely different level of fitness, and in a completely different state of mind, if I am going to be successful in my marathon. While I am in Boston I plan to get some miles in, and also do some swimming. I'm going to try and not let my traveling affect my training, although I can already see it is going to affect my diet! I've got some 5ks and 10ks throughout the next few months, and hopefully I can squeeze in one more half marathon before the big one in October.

No comments: