Monday, March 26, 2007

The Big 1-0

This was the weekend for long runs and good food. With the running group from Wilmore, I attempted a 10 mile run Saturday morning. After two hours of staggering around under the hot sun in the countryside of Jessamine County, I stumbled across the finish line. While I am proud to say that I completed the 10 miles in a respectable time - I am ashamed of all of the walking I did. I was not prepared for how much the sun would affect me, and how quickly I could get de-hydrated. This run was really good prep for my 10 mile race next weekend in Louisville, I'm hoping to shave a few minutes off of my time between now and Saturday.

It's probably a good thing that I ran so much on Saturday due to all of the amazing food I had this weekend. On Friday, we had a fiesta in Wilmore at the casa de Caldwell's with beef fajitas, jalapeno/bacon/cream cheese poppers, and some four-alarm salsa. On Saturday, Chad made me the best cream-cheese chicken enchiladas you will ever eat. On Sunday, we had a picnic in the park with our good friends and what seemed like 10 pounds of bbq chicken, sausage, and corn. I was very excited because I was able to debut our dachshund corn-on-the-cob holders.

Tonight, Chad and I are going to a "blogging party" at Asbury - an event he has been preparing for and coordinating. I keep asking him if it will be like a LAN party, but he assures me it won't. It does seem like it will be neat - a chance for an on-line community to get together and meet one another.

More updates to come about running, life in Kentucky, and crazy lil Emma.

No comments: